Nena's Cauliflower Salad
- 1/2 medium cauliflower
- 1/2 bunch of parsley - leaves only
- 1/4 cup of slice almond or toasted pine nuts
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (optional)
- Pull the cauliflower apart and wash well. I like to wash it with grapefruit extract oil.
- Wash the parsley
- Place the cauliflower and parsley In a food processor and pulse until its is the consistency of tabouli.
- Transfer to bowl and toss in the rest of ingredients. Let it rest for a half-hour before eating. Very cleansing and extremely delicious!
It is important to consume adequate amounts of cruciferous vegetables on a regular basis. The antioxidants and sulfur-containing nutrients in cauliflower help eliminate toxins from the body.