2016 Health Summit
The Summit Program
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. BRUNCH – VIP pass includes premium seating, private meet-and-greet with Fran Drescher, and VIP buffet. General Admission includes open seating and buffet brunch.
11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. SUMMIT PROGRAM – Highlights include…
- HOLISTIC HEALTH – Dr. Sheila Patel, Medical Director of the Chopra Center leads a panel combining the best of conventional medicine with the wisdom of alternative philosophies like Ayurveda. The panel will explore beating cancer through lifestyle change with Marilu Henner and her husband Michael Brown, and eating to preserve balanced microbiome and boosting immunity with Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach Lilly Padilla.
- TRADITIONAL VS. ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE – City of Hope’s Dr. Cary Presant and renowned alternative cancer therapy oncologist and hematologist Dr. Antonio Jimenez of Hope4Cancer weigh the different approaches.
- MENTAL HEALTH – Mackenzie Phillips shares her journey of redemption and peace. Dr. Charles Sophy and Beverly Kitaen Morse, Ph.D., MFT, Executive/Clinical Director of IBP Central Institute and author of The Intimate Couple, discuss the connection between mental and physical health and the benefits of treating the whole person, integrating the body, mind, emotions and spirit.
- MEN’S HEALTH – Former American Gladiator Dan “Nitro” Clark breaks the myth of the correct way for men to stay healthy as they age. Dr. Ian Taras on men who carry the BRCA breast cancer gene.
- BREAST CANCER – Dr. Kristi Funk answers your Top 10 Questions about breast cancer.
- SAFE COSMETICS – Stacy Malkan, founder of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, on the importance of transparency and harnessing the power of the purse to demand manufacturers make safer products for our families.
- DENTISTRY – Mark Breiner, DDS and others discuss the connection between a healthy mouth and a healthy body.
- QUANTUM MEDICINE – Dr. Jere Rivera-Dugenio presents his groundbreaking work on quantum physics and the immune system.
- ENVIRONMENT – Environmentalist & Activist Ed Begley, Jr. and Dianna Cohen of the Plastic Pollution Coalition explore the relationship between the health of the planet and our own.
Gloria Allred • Christina Applegate • Tichina Arnold • Ed Begley, Jr. • Cindy Crawford • Donna Dixon • Mariel Hemingway • Cyndi Lauper • Rosie O’Donnell • Brooke Shields
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Your Generosity Supports…
Cancer Schmancer’s efforts to save lives by shifting focus from just searching for a cure to Prevention and Early Detection of cancer. Our Early Detection Fran Vans offer free mammograms to marginalized women who don’t have access to health care. Our Detox Your Home School Assembly Program helps kids fight cancer by teaching them how to avoid toxins in their daily lives.