2016 Health Summit
The 2016 Fran Drescher Health Summit took place on October 26, 2016 at the beautiful Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles. The summit was an intense, educational day that transformed attendees from patients into medical consumers. Everyone’s minds were blown with the latest information on topics including Traditional vs. Alternative Medicine, GMOs, Mental Health, Men’s Health, Detoxing Your Home, Current Environmental Issues, and much more. No one left without saying WOW!
2016 Health Summit Gallery
The Summit Program
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. VIP CHECK-IN & RECEPTION WITH FRAN DRESCHER – Enjoy a private mimosa reception with Fran Drescher and select program guests.
9:30 a.m. – GENERAL ADMISSION CHECK-IN
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. BRUNCH – VIP pass includes premium seating, backstage/green room access to Fran Drescher and guests, and VIP buffet. General Admission includes open seating and buffet brunch.
11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. SUMMIT PROGRAM – Highlights include…
- HOLISTIC HEALTH – Dr. Sheila Patel, Medical Director of the Chopra Center leads a panel combining the best of conventional medicine with the wisdom of alternative philosophies like Ayurveda. The panel will explore beating cancer through lifestyle change with Marilu Henner and her husband Michael Brown, and eating to preserve balanced microbiome and boosting immunity with Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach Lilly Padilla.
- TRADITIONAL VS. ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE – City of Hope’s Dr. Cary Presant and renowned alternative cancer therapy oncologist and hematologist Dr. Antonio Jimenez of Hope4Cancer weigh the different approaches.
- MENTAL HEALTH – Mackenzie Phillips shares her journey of redemption and peace. Dr. Charles Sophy and Beverly Kitaen Morse, Ph.D., MFT, Executive/Clinical Director of IBP Central Institute and author of The Intimate Couple, discuss the connection between mental and physical health and the benefits of treating the whole person, integrating the body, mind, emotions and spirit.
- MEN’S HEALTH – Former American Gladiator Dan “Nitro” Clark breaks the myth of the correct way for men to stay healthy as they age.
- BREAST CANCER – Dr. Kristi Funk answers your Top 10 Questions about breast cancer. Dr. Ian Taras on men who carry the BRCA breast cancer gene.
- EXPLORING MEDICAL CANNABIS – Discover how practitioners use medical cannabis to treat cancer and other illnesses and its effectiveness in practice with Uma V.A. Dhanabalan, MD, MPH, FAAFP.
- SAFE COSMETICS – Stacy Malkan, founder of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, on the importance of transparency and harnessing the power of the purse to demand manufacturers make safer products for our families.
- QUANTUM MEDICINE – Dr. Jere Rivera-Dugenio presents his groundbreaking work on quantum physics and the immune system.
- HOW TO REDUCE CHEMICAL EXPOSURE – Environmentalist & Activist Ed Begley, Jr., Ken Cook of Environmental Working Group, and Dianna Cohen of the Plastic Pollution Coalition explore the relationship between the health of the planet and our own.
Gloria Allred • Christina Applegate • Tichina Arnold • Ed Begley, Jr. • Cindy Crawford • Donna Dixon • Mariel Hemingway • Cyndi Lauper • Rosie O’Donnell • Brooke Shields
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Your Generosity Supports…
Cancer Schmancer’s efforts to save lives by shifting focus from just searching for a cure to Prevention and Early Detection of cancer. Our Early Detection Fran Vans offer free mammograms to marginalized women who don’t have access to health care. Our Detox Your Home School Assembly Program helps kids fight cancer by teaching them how to avoid toxins in their daily lives.
Brought to you by