Articles

Dec 4 2014
The public playground in Bandon, a small town on the blustery coast of Oregon, has everything a kid could want. Swings and an orange, twisting slide, even a bright blue boat. But after the playground was installed in 2009, some mothers became concerned about the springy black stuff beneath their children's feet. In addition to the new equipment, the playground was outfitted with the latest in...
Dec 4 2014
Date City Zip Code Time Mon, December 1 Hollywood 90027 8:30am-3:00pm Mon, December 1 Los Angeles 90022 9:00am-3:00pm Mon, December 1 West Covina 91790 9:00am-3:00pm Mon...
Nov 19 2014
Washing your hands with antibacterial soap may be dangerous, a new US study reveals. A chemical found in many liquid handwashes and other basic household products like shampoos and toothpaste has been linked to cancer. Triclosan is an antimicrobial agent of broad-spectrum and one of the most common additives used in a wide range of consumer products, from kitchenware to toys. Studies have also...
Nov 19 2014
November 21, 2014 This is the first generation that may not live as long as their parents. Childhood illness and obesity has more than tripled over the past few decades. Yet only 10% of cancers are genetic. The other 90% are caused by environmental factors. Could there be a connection between chemicals and this dramatic increase in sickness? Our children are exposed to more and more chemicals in...
Nov 14 2014
I have, on more than one occasion, eaten an entire pizza by myself. Like, recently. These moments are not my proudest, but here we are. Between May and August this year, I ordered pizza delivery for dinner an average of seven times per month. I ordered Italian an average of three times monthly, and healthy (?) helpings of noodles another three. Lunch burritos were a ritual. My fridge was packed...

Pages